Appalshop is seeking an experienced, dynamic administrative team member to work primarily with senior staff. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively. As our Executive Assistant, you'll become part of Appalshop's 50-year legacy of using cultural organizing and place-based media, arts and education to document the life, celebrate the culture, and voice the concerns of people living in Appalachia. You can find our mission here and more about our story here.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage scheduling, travel arrangements, workflow on key organizational projects, and the production of various organizational documents.
- Help to facilitate internal communities with staff, trustees, and Board members.
- Manage use and repairs of our buildings and grounds and order routine office supplies.
- Review and recommend changes to organizational policy, as appropriate.
- Under the supervision of the Financial Director, help to maintain records.
- Manage a variety of financial tasks such as check-cutting, bank recons, etc.
- Prepare reports and financial statements for staff.
Community Partnerships and Public Relations
- Act as lead Appalshop representative at a variety of local and regional meetings and initiatives.
- Organize and host groups of visitors.
- Act as customer service for fulfillment of products and services.
- Answer phones and handle event logistics.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with vendors, artists, and community partners.
- At least two years of college experience.
- At least two years of experience in non-profits or other mission-driven organizations.
- Regional familiarity with central Appalachia.
The Executive Assistant is a year-round, full-time position. The position is based in Whitesburg, Kentucky in an annual salary range of $38,000 - $45,000 with full paid benefits.
Appalshop is an equal opportunity employer, and its employment policies and practices are applicable to all employees without regard to race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, creed, disability or national origin.
To apply for this position: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and list three references to [email protected] by November 30, 2021.